Don’t you hate having to switch between your text editor and your web browser to get a URL? Although the process is straightforward, it’s annoying and boring.
- switch applications
- highlight the URL
- switch back to your text editor
Here’s a Keyboard Maestro macro that makes the entire process simple and fun and it will work from any text editor.
I used Safari for this, but you can use whatever browser you like as long as you know the keyboard shortcut to highlight the URL bar.
- While you type, press the keyboard shortcut you created
- The macro will open Safari
- I placed a pause here in case your computer is slow
- ⌘L will highlight the URL bar
- ⌘C to copy it
- Activate Last Application will activate the last application you were using, i.e., your text editor
- ⌘V to paste
Easy! I hope you find it useful.